Satellite view of Bracebridge

22 Jan 2018
Satellite view of Bracebridge, Ontario
     Hey this week has been pretty great we went to Sudbury for district meeting, and that was really fun to see other Elders. We are the only sisters in our zone! So that's a bit weird but it was good. We have a really great district and I'm with 2 of the Elders I came out with, so that's fun. Elder Twigg from Calgary, and Elder Rigby!. (I'm sure he is related! Mom insert) He was in  my MTC district!
     I love Sister Grover, we have been having a lot of fun, and working hard. We have just been working with less actives and trying to set appointments with our investigators, we don't really have any solid ones yet... so we have been doing drop bys and tracting! (Mom insert, She is once again in a resort town, and not many people there in the winter, many people from the cities have cabins up here)
     We have Zone conference this week, and we get our smart phones, unless mine isn't here yet. Because they have to put software onto it.
     The members here are pretty great! Once we can hook up our smartphones, we are allowed to teach people from home, if they are more comfortable with that.  So I am really excited!!! All is going well here, and I am loving it.
     This transfer is going to fast and I hope I have another transfer with sister Grover, but I feel like one of us is going to leave.... which will be super sad. She is excited to meet you! We are gonna hang out after our missions. She goes home in December right before Christmas!
      I am excited for Pres. Nelson and to see what things happen while he is Prophet.  It has been really cool this week to see how the things I have been studying, have been brought up in conversation this week, without me bringing them up! I have been learning a lot, and it's been really cool to see answers to prayers! That's about all for this week though!

Bracebridge generating station at dusk
Update on me (This is because I asked her for my update in church I have to do on her, what to say to the youth)

Hey everyone! I am doing really well and I am loving the work!  They have banished me up to the north country, and we are the only sisters in our zone, so we have dubbed ourselves the official Subury Sister training leaders! Because I don't know what the Elders would do without us!  
     I have been learning a lot, and been setting a lot of goals for the person I want to become, and trying to make my prayers more meaningful, because each one is like making goals with God, asking for things with the thought in mind, that you will do your best to help achieve those things. I was really bad for just mumbling off things, and trying to think of different ways to say things, but the spirit guides us, as he knows what our hearts yearn for!
      For those of you going to seminary, it would be best to pay attention, because there is so much that I half remember and I have been asked about, while serving a mission. Now I am so excited to study the manuals when I get home, there is so much to learn!  
     It has been a great experience to learn from the people around me, and be better at discerning their needs, and how much Heavenly Father loves his children. Also getting to feel a little bit of what I can comprehend!  
     Serving is one of the best decisions I have made, and also one of the hardest. Satan is at work and some days it's hard to fight back constantly, but we are on the winning team! The work is hastening and the Lord is speedily preparing those who are ready to hear the Gospel!
      I love you all and I hope you are doing well, and helping out the missionaries in Claresholm!
      I want to leave you with my testimony, that I know that President Russell M. Nelson has been called of God, to be our prophet at this time, and that he will guide us through the craziness of the world today. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and who knew how much good stuff is in there until we read it. I am very excited for all the other books that we will one day have to study as well! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and that he knows exactly what we are going through, and how to help us. His arms are outstretched, all we have to do, is let him in.  That is one thing I have been studying recently, is how I can sacrifice more of myself, to serve the Lord and give up the little things. It has been amazing to see simple prayers answered, while I have been studying the scriptures, and the comfort that comes from them. I know that we are all children of our Heavenly Father, and He loves us!
 I love you all to and I'll see you in a year and a little bit! 
Love Sister Leilani St. Onge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To blessed to be stressed

26 Nov. 2018 Biggest Lindt. Chocolate I have ever seen... 1.  I went on exchanges with Hermana Dickey from Utah. ...